PDA

View Full Version : Ladies would you go for a hike/walk on a first date?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jjsm
01-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I am curious whether women would be willing to go on a hike as part of a first date. The trail I'm thinking of is is is actively used by trail runners and other people walking around. At the same time, it's not so crowded that one can't walk around without bumping into others. Spectacular scenery, weather permitting, from what I remember from going there. There are large swaths of housing areas within maybe 3/4-1 mi so it's not secluded wilderness.

However, I'm curious whether women would be concerned with personal safety looking nice to make first impressions, or getting sweaty or dirty. The loop I'm thinking of is about 4 miles and from what I remember, the trail is fairly easy - gentle hills no rough terrain. There is a slightly hillier option at a fork, but I'm thinking the easier trail would be better.

Then again I haven't been there in years so I don't remember the terrain all that well. I only remember that most of it is hard packed dirt.

My motivation is that it can help me make conversation and there is some distraction. My estimate is that it would take maybe 90 minutes or so to complete the loop. First dates can be awkward enough without sitting staring at each other at a restaurant.

I do intend to go eat afterwards or beforehand...

prodigee
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
not a girl but..

i think that would be a great day date especially if she likes the outdoors. after the hike, maybe you can grab lunch or something, i think most girls would go for it. as far as safety, if she comfortable with you, and if its a well known trail with lots of people during the day, safety wouldnt be a huge concern.

if shes the high maintainence paris hilton type, she probably wouldnt enjoy it very much.

bosox
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
not a girl either but...:biglaugh:

Wow, I am not sure if I would ever take a girl for 90 Min terrain work out hike for first date :yikes: :tongue:. But I would definitely do a nice walk in a park for a conversation to get to know the person.

Nait
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Hiking on trails hmm. Watch out, some ladies are always packing heat. lol

mimi
01-08-2009, 10:05 PM
no way, too much potential for a guy to do creepy things.

Prefer a very public place where I have quick access to getting away if I need to for a first date.

2nd or 3rd would be nice for the trail though.

littlelady26
01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I think that would be great but not on the first date.. You should go somewhere nice and public. Ask her questions about how she feels about going hiking and if she likes to hike then you are good to go :)

But no hike on the first date, She might not like it and if she doesn't trust you it can be creepy for her.

ladyvacra
01-08-2009, 11:50 PM
I'd do that on a first date. Theres not too many distractions so you can talk and get to know each other and the scenery would be good. It would be a lot of fun.

jjsm
01-09-2009, 01:28 AM

Prefer a very public place where I have quick access to getting away if I need to for a first date.

I think that would be great but not on the first date.. You should go somewhere nice and public. Ask her questions about how she feels about going hiking and if she likes to hike then you are good to go :)

But no hike on the first date, She might not like it and if she doesn't trust you it can be creepy for her.

This is what I was trying to avoid. The park is located near an urbanized area so it's not secluded and away from civilization and there are people who actively use the trail. It's like walking through one the less crowded areas in Central Park or Golden Gate Park except that it's not as flat and on one side of the 10ft wide trail there's a 100-200 ft drop and the other side hillside. Elevation change is no more than 70 ft or so throughout the 4 mile loop IIRC. Does that change anything?

Diesel11
01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
A for creativity dude, but that's a 2nd or 3rd date. Bring her for tea or something to chat first. :littlebun

Leannada
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I think that might be a little over the top for a first date. If we went for coffee first or something and then decided to take a walk that'd be different. Most women are concerned about safety and going for a hike somewhere is not really wise unless you already know the person.

georgiegrrl
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Agreed - even if you'd be coming across other folks along the way, I wouldn't be comfortable with this as a first date. Just because of comfort levels, not because of not being able to do it.

But I think a lot of gals wouldn't necessarily want to get sweaty and flushed on a first date .... not all that flattering as a first impression! lol

Diesel11
01-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Agreed - even if you'd be coming across other folks along the way, I wouldn't be comfortable with this as a first date. Just because of comfort levels, not because of not being able to do it.

But I think a lot of gals wouldn't necessarily want to get sweaty and flushed on a first date .... not all that flattering as a first impression! lol

Awww, Georgiegirl I bet da guys would LOVE it if a girl got all sweaty on the first date. :biglaugh:

Ocean
01-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Hmm....I am honestly surprised by the number of no's.

I would hike in a heart beat, no matter for first dates. Stomach feelings are always good though, if you are uneasy about the thought of it with him, obviously do not do it. :)

georgiegrrl
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Awww, Georgiegirl I bet da guys would LOVE it if a girl got all sweaty on the first date. :biglaugh:

I knew someone would come back with that ... but I said the gals wouldn't want to be sweaty on a first date. I'm sure most guys would love that .... but not by hiking!! :biglaugh:

SmartPrimate
01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I would say it depends on the girl, you can size her up pretty fast. If she is very active, very competitive who likes a challenge, then she would like it; but if she really is into the arts and culture, not into fitness then that probably wont work.

Walks are great if you live in or near a city. You can walk from a coffee shop to another venue.....like a surprise place. It can be alot of fun. Usually on the first date, she wants to feel safe, so hiking in the woods can be creepy.