PDA

View Full Version : Help me? What's this Korean show called?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ellimac
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of that Korean TV show where Western/American contestants go on it and can become famous because they're foreigners who are fluent in the language? :) 고맙습니다!

kguy
02-10-2009, 01:15 PM
been discussed before. its called chichat of beautiful ladies "미녀들의 수다"

hhhyyy
02-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Talk with Beauties

YouTube - Talk With Beauties E26 (KBS, Korean TV Show)

ellimac
02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
been discussed before. its called chichat of beautiful ladies "미녀들의 수다"

Um. I know it's been discussed before but I couldn't find the thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks, both of you!

mentawais
02-11-2009, 12:15 AM
wth is she saying! ah for all i know she could be saying i love barney!

drifter
02-11-2009, 12:42 AM
love that show!

melon
02-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Woooow I totally forgot this show existed. Aaaah looking at all those ladies mastering Korean makes me feel SHAME for loving Koreans e.g. 동방신기 to the ends of the earth but knowing I can't talk with them. Unless we use Japanese. But even so, it's neither of our first languages =weeps= Must set my self-study soul on fire. It recently went out. Doused by "REAL" coursework :(

ellimac
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
From what I've seen of the show, Leslie (the black lady) seems funny. The audience laughs every time she says something. XD I watched one episode and she was talking about "Leslie's Hot Chicken" [store]. HA!

HunnieBee
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Nice :) I'm going to look into this show now! Randomness: does anyone know any good beginner's language korean books that I can buy? Those rosetta stone books are terrible :(

melon
02-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaah what the hell. Good, though. I just hope they are laughing by normal reaction rather than a 'Damn... black women can be funny too!! This is HILARIOUS!!!' kind of reaction. Maybe I'm paranoid but a black woman in an asian spotlight seems to be a double-edged sword. What do you think, ellimac?? You're currently happy in your relationship and congratulations on that :)

melon
02-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Nice :) I'm going to look into this show now! Randomness: does anyone know any good beginner's language korean books that I can buy? Those rosetta stone books are terrible :(

HunnieBee, I think the 'Teach Yourself' book is worth the money if Rosetta isn't working for you. Rosetta computer / online package is better but it's damn expensive and not sufficient on its own. The only arguably bad thing about the 'Teach Yourself' book is that it is heavy on romanised Korean (I don't know how to call that) i.e. not written in Hangul. But Hangul, as you know, is just like a alphabet so once you can read/write it won't matter, I suppose. And that book will get you veeeeeeeeeeeeery far.

HunnieBee
02-11-2009, 02:09 PM
HunnieBee, I think the 'Teach Yourself' book is worth the money if Rosetta isn't working for you. Rosetta computer / online package is better but it's damn expensive and not sufficient on its own. The only arguably bad thing about the 'Teach Yourself' book is that it is heavy on romanised Korean (I don't know how to call that) i.e. not written in Hangul. But Hangul, as you know, is just like a alphabet so once you can read/write it won't matter, I suppose. And that book will get you veeeeeeeeeeeeery far.

Thanks! :littlebun

sliq1
02-11-2009, 06:46 PM
From what I've seen of the show, Leslie (the black lady) seems funny. The audience laughs every time she says something. XD I watched one episode and she was talking about "Leslie's Hot Chicken" [store]. HA!

Leslie had been in Korea for almost a decade and her Korean is almost impeccable :) she also seemed like the more realistic and mature one. the younger ones are pretty annoying especially the ones who happen to be cuter.

Max_Power
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of that Korean TV show where Western/American contestants go on it and can become famous because they're foreigners who are fluent in the language? :) 고맙습니다!

Also look up "Misuda" on youtube. It's another name for the show. My friend is obsessed with the show. I got him hooked on it but he's downloaded like almost all of the 100+ episodes and watches them nightly. He's burned me 3 dvds worth!!

ellimac
02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
I will message you some of my top recommended beginner's book for learning Korean, babe! ^__^

Hahahahahahahahahahahaah what the hell. Good, though. I just hope they are laughing by normal reaction rather than a 'Damn... black women can be funny too!! This is HILARIOUS!!!' kind of reaction. Maybe I'm paranoid but a black woman in an asian spotlight seems to be a double-edged sword. What do you think, ellimac?? You're currently happy in your relationship and congratulations on that :)
Or they could be thinking, 'Damn. So black people really do love chicken that much? Well, we've always wanted to make chicken jokes with Leslie but were too afraid that might seem racist. Now that she said something about it herself, I'm gonna be all over those fried chicken jokes like there's no tomorrow!' :rolleyes:

When I go to Korea and get on that dang show I'll let you know what happens behind-the-scenes. ^ ^ Thank you though! I think Korean people would be more surprised/shocked to be interacting with a black person but I don't think the younger generation have too many racist views of black people. My friend Jae is as FOB as they come, and he is extremely nice to me and when we first became friends he would always remark on how attractive I am, which struck me as odd at the time because I thought he'd think I looked like a monkey or something really racist. That was me stereotyping him; the irony! :biglaugh:

Leslie had been in Korea for almost a decade and her Korean is almost impeccable :) she also seemed like the more realistic and mature one. the younger ones are pretty annoying especially the ones who happen to be cuter.
Ah, I see! Yes, and you know who else I think I like? The Iranian lady! She makes the audience die of laughter. I really want to know what these women are saying in Korean that is so funny. Does Leslie have a Korean husband/boyfriend?

Also look up "Misuda" on youtube. It's another name for the show. My friend is obsessed with the show. I got him hooked on it but he's downloaded like almost all of the 100+ episodes and watches them nightly. He's burned me 3 dvds worth!!
Thank you! ^ ^ What's Misuda mean in Korean? Is your friend Korean?