PDA

View Full Version : Poetry to Melt A Woman's Heart

Pages : [1] 2

risky
05-25-2006, 08:12 PM
for all you guys, particularly you younger guys, who are not familiar with the power of expression through poetry, allow me to share with you a poem by world famous Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda. this is some potent stuff, guys. use it wisely....

Sonnet XVII

I do not love you as if you were a salt rose, or topaz
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
So I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

05-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Young girls, generally speaking are too dumb to get this. So what's the point in young men (18 to early 20s) learning this stuff? :biglaugh: I know I'll get flamed for saying that - but there's probably some truth to that.

risky
05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
haha. you've got a point. but there are the academic college type girls a lot of these collegiate guys have their eyes on. especially those English major chicks. god, i love them. :)

i went to a poetry reading once and this sonnet was read in spanish. man, sounds 1000% better.

Ginx
05-25-2006, 09:57 PM
unless u got u r own book published i don't think this hyper sensitive persona usually works for most chicks past the early 20s tho.

might works for liberal arts students i supx
but do it for the luv of the art & expression or to be a better balanced/cultured person, not for chicks eh. there be much more efficient ways 2 get laid

& neruda sure was pimp for a short ugly guy

Navihah
05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
That is such a beautiful one too. I recognize it. I am in my 20s and I would appreciate some great poetry to woo me. So there goes your theory about that one guys LOL:biglaugh:

StevieSparkZ
05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I wrote this like 2 years ago in 5 mins and I actually gave it to a girl:

"The most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

I see her everyday,
I wanna tell her she's so fine,
and i really want her to be mine.

i'd treat her so good, her smile would always shine,
with her, my life would be way better, not all dull and slow like a frankenstein.

Everything about her is crafted to perfection.
It would even give a gay man an erection.
i see her all the time, walking towards my direction.

I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do,
I just want her to know that ill always tell her i love you.
I wanna hold her and call her my boo.

Without her I feel incomplete and blue,
I would place her so high on a pedestal her nose would bleed, o its true.
I'd buy her everything, unlike Cinderella, she would love and fit into every shoe.

I cant take it anymore, ill just go talk to her and hope she gets the clue.

boo ya cowwww she loved it too

Bumkration
05-26-2006, 12:14 AM
for all you guys, particularly you younger guys, who are not familiar with the power of expression through poetry, allow me to share with you a poem by world famous Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda. this is some potent stuff, guys. use it wisely....

Sonnet XVII

I do not love you as if you were a salt rose, or topaz
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
So I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWW!

Bumkration
05-26-2006, 12:15 AM
gotta find his work. I'm into poetry too.

STFU
05-26-2006, 06:33 AM
I can see that working in Spanish, but otherwise, too phaggy for me...

The best poetry is also stuff YOU write yourself, assuming you can write well, that is.

But it only works on girls who can appreciate it and if you can do it well.

sunny
05-26-2006, 06:35 AM
But it only works on girls who can appreciate it and if you can do it well.

Women who appreciate you as a man, AND your effort...

dont care if you can write well.

STFU
05-26-2006, 06:41 AM
^ Well, there is no "appreciation" for men simply because we are men in this age. Generally the opposite, in fact.

Anyhow, there is nothing worse than bad poetry to me. Especially the really sappy, amateur stuff. Can really backfire and reveal the lack of intelligence and depth in the writer instead of their affection, lol.

I guess the thought counts, but would you serenade Mariah Carey if you couldn't sing?

Bumkration
05-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Rainier Maria Rilke warned budding poets to create love poems sparingly. Really good love poems are the most difficult to create.

mew
05-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Why are the men saying this is cheesy and not for girls etc, yet all the women are saying they like it? Just shhh. :rolleyes:

Benten1012
05-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Women who appreciate you as a man, AND your effort...

dont care if you can write well.

Exactly. It not so much the poem itself, but the effort and thought that she will appreciate. If she doesn't, she probably isn't worth pursuing anyways.

risky
05-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Why are the men saying this is cheesy and not for girls etc, yet all the women are saying they like it? Just shhh. :rolleyes:

lol. and therein lies the problem, right? some guys are so busy focusing on pussy and figuring out how to get laid, that they forget the value of a good relationship(which is why this was posted in Love Springs Eternal).

fellas, i understand this may be a bit too touchy-feely for some of you, but not all men are well-spoken or have the ability to express themselves through word, and not all men view life through a pair of blue-steel lenses. a poem like this one can help articulate what their feeling when their own words cannot capture it. if it doesn't help you or inspire you or you just don't appreciate it, so be it, but this is a poem EVERY-SINGLE-WOMAN i've dated has thought the world of. and they were all very intelligent women as well which, i'm sure, is why they were able to appreciate it.