PDA

View Full Version : Do Men really marry women like their mothers?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PapermoOn
07-17-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.ayushveda.com/mens-magazine/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/menakingmother.jpg
Boys always treat their mother as their role models in order to choose a good prospective partner. Most of the surveys and studies have confirmed the truth behind the above statement. It is true that men are likely to marry with women who behave just like their mother. The first lady with whom boys get in touch in their life is their mother. Since, childhood a boy see his mother’s outstanding personality. The way she loves her children, the way she cook for family, take care of them as well as of their home is all important for the children. When boys grow up, they realize the importance and correct definition of the loving mother in their life.

The mother with average qualification, simple looks with lots of love and care becomes the idol woman for them. Thus, they conclude about the qualities that should be present in their future partner just like their mom. In some recent study it is revealed that men who are earning high salaries and graduates want to marry with a woman who has the level of education just like their mom.

As per the study on the above topic by the Iowa University, it is disclosed that those who have working mothers are interested to have working partners with well paid jobs. It is also shown by many surveys that 80% of highly educated men whose mothers are graduate want to have a spouse with average qualification or similar with their mothers. However, 62% of men agreed that highly educated women can be a good partner as well as mother.

The definition of a good wife in the view of most of the men may not be completed until they compare most of the qualities of their mothers with future partner. So, the conclusion is that most men want to have their partner as perfect as their mothers are. Men also want from their partners to manage family and work as their mothers do. Hence, it can be concluded easily that most of the men are highly influenced by their mothers and thus they make an image of their spouse that resembles with their mother to some extent

Source: (http://www.ayushveda.com/mens-magazine/men-marry-women-akin-to-their-mothers/)

so judging from this article..what do you guys think?
I never really thought much about this since...I thought that could be false! It was a psychological aspect based on Freud, and I was like " I WILL NEVER MARRY SOMEONE LIKE MY DAD!" So, I met my bf's mom and ....I think we kind of act alike...since she reminds me of my mom..especially on how we joke on my bf...as for me marrying someone like my father..I realized my bf does carry some characteristics of my father...which I am kind of pleased with and hope there's nothing else...like...divorce from his first marriage><

So guys..and ladies: Does your gf/wives or past gfs reminded you of your mother?
And ladies, do you think you're like your bfs/husband's mom?

Nomad
07-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh man, don't tell me that! Thak's mother was batshit crazy from what I understand! :biglaugh:

Karen
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
My mom is NOTHING like my dad's mom. My grandmother was quite bossy. My mom is more submissive than my grandmother.
None of my boyfriend's have reminded me of my dad. My dad is bossy and stubborn and I'm very bossy and stubborn. I tend to look for guys who are like my mom; guys that don't mind a little abuse every now and then :tongue:

AndyMillman
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Absolutely nothing against my mom, but if/when I do get married, I highly doubt that my wife will be very similar to my mom.

Nordic
07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, I don't think I am like Rattie's mom what comes to looks and spirituality. She looks Chinese, I look Nordic. And we believe in very different things. We both do like cooking. But I guess that that's it...

saramegan
07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
My Mom is the opposite of my Dad's mother. Maybe that's why they got divorced????

messybaby
07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
my husband tells me all the time that i am A LOT like his mother... especially in the kitchen. :)

Nomad
07-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Upon reading further into the article, I can safely say I am NOTHING like Thak's mother in the ways they're talking about. Looks-wise, I'm nearly a foot taller than she was. Education-wise, she was illiterate, whereas I went to college. And we kind of think she was a prostitute back in Thailand (it took Thak and his brothers like a million years to put two and two together on that one) and yeah, I've never been a prostitute, so no, I'm nothing like Thak's mom. I also don't intend on beating my kids with broom sticks, and I can actually pronounce all of their names, so nope, nothing like Thak's mom.

AndyMillman
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
And we kind of think she was a prostitute back in Thailand (it took Thak and his brothers like a million years to put two and two together on that one)

:yikes:

Chocoberrysrtcake
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I always said, I wanted a man like my dad...

This is because, my dad can COOK, CLEAN, BBQ, SEW, IRON, WASH CLOTHES, EXCELLENT folder of clothes...
My dad is also not PICKY!!! He can eat ramen and be happy or vienna sausages and crackers(barf)..and not complain one bit...
He is not complicated...

Right now I have never dated anyone who has had all of those skills and wasn't PICKY!!!
I end up being the cook, etc...
I think when I can find a man with that much versitlity...I might settle down..lol..

China Doll
07-17-2009, 01:09 PM
My two long-term boyfriends were big-time momma's boys and really wanted me to be like their mom--cook, clean, and wear an apron. I have not met my current bf's mom (yet), so I have no idea if he's looking for that or not. I know that he's looking for someone who likes the kitchen as much as he does (we're both foodies and I'm trying to learn to love to cook). I try to baby him as much as possible by buying what he likes at the grocery store, making him brownies when he's depressed, doing his laundry when he hasn't asked me to. I don't mind doing that kind of stuff as long as he doesn't expect it. That's when it gets irritating. Maybe me doing it makes him expect it after a while, but I don't mind that...yet.

He tells me that his mom is a bit "hard" and I notice that he tries to seek my approval on certain things, which makes me wonder if his mom and I are a lot more alike than I think. I have very high standards and can ask very pointed questions sometimes, and I think that kind of makes him nervous by the way that he tries to soften responses once in a while.

I'm definitely NOT dating anyone like my dad. My dad had a wicked temper, beat my mom regularly and made us all scared to do the wrong thing. For this reason, I like men I can dominate occasionally. If I'm going to get slapped, I'd rather it be in the bedroom. :biglaugh:

Nomad
07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
:yikes:

I know, right?! But seriously, what does this sound like? She was a "waitress" at a "bar" right by a giant US military base. That's how she met Thak's dad, who was an American GI. Then years later, it came out that she was pregnant with Thak's brother when they left Thailand, that her immigration documents were falsified because she was nowhere near 18 years old (no harm in telling this... everyone who had anything to do with it is dead), and on her deathbed, she told Thak and his brothers that they had a sister back in Thailand. Mmmm hmmm...

I mean, it doesn't change my opinion of Thak, and since Thailand is basically the prostitution capital of the world, it's not exactly shocking, but it just makes it even more-so that I would NEVER want to remotely resemble that woman. LOL

rmn6
07-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Not even close. I love them both, but they're nothing alike. And I'm nothing like Annie's dad.

drow
07-19-2009, 02:21 PM
No, I already have a mom. Don't need to marry one.

swoltz
07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
It seems like men do marry women like their Moms.

Not how they look or act but I think it's personality traits. Like with my ex, his Mom was nothing like me on the outside but she was sweet, strong willed and generous like I am.